The schools in Labrador West are very similar to other schools in Canada. There are extra-curricular activities such as theatre, music, sports and art. The schools in Labrador West fall under the NLESD School Board. Read more about the school board at www.nlesd.ca.
The region is home to the following four schools:
- AP Low Primary – Kindergarten to Grade 3
- R. Smallwood Middle School – Grades 4 to 7
- Menihek High School: Grades 8 to 12. A French Immersion option is available from kindergarten through grade 12.
- Le Centre éducatif L’ENVOL: Francophone schools for all grades.
The schools have modern science and technology labs, gymnasium equipment and all other amenities to give your children the best education possible.
Little Hands in The Big Land is a preschool for three and four-year olds. For more information, please contact 709-944-4848.
First Steps Family Resource Center offers programs for young children from birth to six years along with their parents and caregivers. For more information on these programs, please contact 709-944-7477.
The College of the North Atlantic – Labrador West Campus, known as the “Mining Centre of Excellence,” offers many different post-secondary programs for those who wish to continue their education. Programs include:
- CAS Transfer: College – University
- Construction/Industrial Electrician
- Engineering Technology (First Year)
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Mining Technician
- Office Administration
For more information on the above, please visit www.cna.nl.ca or call 709-944-5787.
Academy Canada offers Adult Basic Education (high school graduation) training in the region as well. For more information, please call 1-800-561-8000.