The Labrador West Health Centre has 28 beds, 14 of which are designated long-term care beds for levels three and four nursing care. Inpatient units provide care to medical, surgical, obstetrical, pediatric, respite, palliative care and psychiatric clients.
The hospital is served by fee-for-service family physicians, a general surgeon, an obstetrician/gynecologist and an anesthesiologist. There are also a number of specialists who visit the hospital on a regular basis. Surgery is carried out in the major or the minor operating room. Maternity care is provided by family physicians and nurses.
Supporting its acute care services are:
- Emergency Department
- Outpatient clinics (visiting specialists)
- Surgery (major and minor operating rooms)
- Satellite dialysis
- Maternity care is provided by an obstetrician/gynecologist, family physicians and nurses
- Laboratory and diagnostic Imaging, including general radiology, ultrasound, CT, mammography and bone density services.
- Physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech language patholog, and audiology
- Respiratory therapy, EEG, EKG
- Oncology/chemotherapy Services
- Dietary services
- Diabetes education
- Mental Health and Addictions Services
- Population Health client services, including home care, health promotion, health education, child health clinics, child birth education, post-natal follow-up, adult immunization, communicable disease control, audio-visual testing services, pre-school health checks, school health program, and wellness clinics
1700 Nichols-Adam Highway
Labrador City, NL A2V 0B2