The Towns of Labrador City and Wabush today launched an exciting new Labrador West marketing package aimed at attracting new business while showcasing the region as an exceptional place to live, work and play.
The brand is inspired by Labrador West’s unique industry, geography and vitality. The new logo is a symbol of the strong iron ore presence in the region while emulating the picturesque hills and trees that surround it. The red signifies excitement and energy while the two shades of grey represents the iron ore and the two towns working together.
The www.labradorwest.com website has been completely redesigned with the new brand and has a number of new features that is more responsive and is easier to navigate. The high powered search engine will ensure that users find exactly what they are looking for under each of the Stay, Work or Play themes or in the Town Hall section which has information relevant to each individual town. There is also a community calendar that gives residents an option to add their own events and an extensive community services listing where businesses and organizations can sign in and update their own information or add community programming. All of these features will automatically be linked to a new app, which will be free to download on both android and iOS devices. This will ensure that residents and businesses have all the information they need on the Towns of Labrador City and Wabush right at their fingertips.
This marketing project was funded, in part, by the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and the provincial Department of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development.
“The Town of Labrador City has always been a strong advocate for the regionalization of services in Labrador West and I am pleased with the work we have been able to do together on this marketing project with the Town of Wabush. We are confident this brand and all of the new tools represents who we are as a region and all the wonderful attractions we have to offer. So whether you are a resident, a visitor or a prospective business, we want you to live large in Labrador West.”
– Mayor Karen Oldford, Town of Labrador City
“This project has demonstrated that positive things can be accomplished when we work in partnership with a common goal. We now have a cohesive regional brand and an impressive website and app that emphasizes our aggressive and modern economy and the incredible amenities available in each of our individual municipalities and the region. We have always known that Labrador West is a great destination for doing business, raising a family or vacationing and now we can proudly showcase this to the world.”
– Mayor Colin Vardy, Town of Wabush
- The Labrador West logo takes its inspiration from a building shape. While the building is instantly recognizable as a symbol of industry – important to the region of Labrador West – it also points to the hills that surround the towns of Labrador City and Wabush. The trees are designed to emulate the black spruce found in the region, while the red signifies excitement, vitality, and energy.
- The two shades of grey represent the iron ore that much of the region’s industry is built on, as well as representing the towns working together. This, paired with the rustic, deep red, creates a clean, bold and fresh new look for Labrador West.
- Check out the newly redesigned website at labradorwest.com
- Video links:
- For more information on the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and its various programs, visit acoa-apeca.gc.ca
- For more information on Department of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development and its various programs, visit btcrd.gov.nl.ca
Gary Wensman, Town Manager, Town of Labrador City, 709-944-5537, [email protected]
Charlie Perry, Town Manager, Town of Wabush, 709-282-5696, [email protected]